Executive Director/Station Manager
The Executive Director/Station Manager works under the direction of the MRVTV Board of Directors and with the executive committee, and is responsible for the day-to-day operations and overall management of the public access television station, as well as maintaining and generating revenue streams.
Represent MRVTV, its mission and potential, to the general public and community organizations, including, but not limited to, municipalities and community non-profits and service organizations. Lead fundraising and income generating efforts to help support operating costs.
Oversee the day-to-day operations and management of the station in accordance with the mission statement, public, educational, and governmental (PEG) channel ideals, and MRVTV community standards, including the supervision of paid employees, interns and volunteers.
- Maintain and grow revenue via live streaming services, production services and TV and digital sponsorships. Develop new services to increase revenue.
- Oversee fundraising efforts by coordinating special events to raise money and utilizing other means such as crowd funding.
- Coordinate, manage and solicit grants, including but not limited to Waitsfield Cable grant, other grants for non-profits and municipal grants. Assist Board in exploring new funding sources.
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with equipment vendors.
- Work closely with Waitsfield Cable representative to maintain a cohesive business relationship and ensure the best interests of the station are maintained.
- Monitor and manage organizational structure, and operation and standard compliance issues for the station. Guide the Board in keeping station manuals and protocols up to date.
- Work with the executive committee to develop and oversee an annual budget and all financial matters of the station.
- Video content production. Edit and produce short videos using Adobe Premiere Elements to grow MRVTV’s social media audience and encourage community members to contribute content.
- Manage, maintain and update website (mrvtv.com) using WordPress. Update software on live webcam and work with web developer to troubleshoot any issues/problems.
- Oversee production of live streams using Wirecast software.
- Oversee and coordinate media promotion of MRVTV-related news and programming via press releases to local news outlets (Valley Reporter), newsletters and social media platforms (Front Porch Forum, Facebook, etc.)
- Maintain professional contacts in the cable community:
- Attend Vermont Access Network meetings
- Collaborate and seek input from other PEG executive directors when appropriate.
- Maintain organizational records, including board reports, membership lists, billing and disbursements.
- Hire staff, oversee payroll, keep employee records.
- Schedule, deploy and oversee staff/contract labor/volunteers/community producers as needed to video municipal meetings and local events using MRVTV equipment in the field.
- Support and assist Media/Program Manager as needed with media content, including, but not limited to public meetings, community and school events, and locally produced content.
- Meet with executive committee (staff and board representative) on a regular basis.
- Maintain a professional, organized, and accessible workspace.
- Other duties as assigned by MRVTV Board of Directors.
- Part-time (20 – 24 hours/wk)
- Commission available.
Application deadline August, 14 2020. Email resume and cover letter to MRVTVposition@gmail.com.